1. Reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
2. List (and upload, if you feel like it) 5 songs that start with that letter.
3. Post them to your journal with these instructions.ruudboy
hit me with J.
1. Jesus Christ - Woody Guthrie. A paean to Jesus' working-class background & the story of his works and his undoing. "And a dirty little coward called Judas Iscariot is laid Jesus Christ in his grave".
2. Jig of Life - Kate Bush. A quirky, urgent jig from Kate Bush's finest hour, the Hounds of Love.
3. Jaytee - Human Chain. Written by Django Bates, who is well-known for being Britain's least well-known genius jazz composer and player of a mean keyboard & Eflat tenor horn. This is from their second album "Cashin' in", from around 1989. I swear the bass player is taking the piss out of Jaco Pastorius on this.
4. Jynweythek Ylow - Aphex Twin. From "Drukqs", one of the beautiful, quiet pieces for treated piano scattered amongst the noisy electronic stuff.
5. Jimmy Mo Mhíle Stór ("Jimmy, my thousand treasures") - The Chieftains (trad. arr. Paddy Moloney). From "Tears of Stone" and featuring the voices of The Rankins; a well-known song rendered here with care, love and exquisite musicianship.
All these pieces are here
for a week from today.
Tags: music meme